How AI is Changing Certain Industries

When we think of “the future of jobs,” we come up with many images of it. Some of us might imagine offices that are too much like the facilities in Stark Industries in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It’s where robots, artificial intelligence (AI) personalities, and virtual technologies are as commonplace as computers and coffee mugs on the workers’ desks. Truth be told, our imagination may not be as far off as we might think. We’re still a long way from AI tech becoming part of the norm in all offices around the world. But that doesn’t mean we’re not on our way there.

Back in 2014, the Pew Research Center conducted a survey on the future of jobs and technology. With this, they put special attention to artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics. The researchers found a dividing perspective on this topic. They found that 48 percent of experts surveyed predict that technological advancements will displace the blue-collar working population. On the other hand, 52 percent of experts believe that technological advancements will empower existing jobs and create new ones.

Whichever the case may be in the future, it’s clear that tech—particularly AI tech—will impact various industries. Here’s how it’s starting to transform real estate, healthcare, and fashion.

Real Estate

We all know that real estate is one of the biggest and most serious investments an individual can do. It’s not at all like investing in a powerful computer to help you with your work as, say, a graphic designer. No, buying a house involves a staggering amount of money. And it’s meant to be part of the rest of your life. Actually, it will even be part of your children and grandchildren’s lives. This is why people take it very seriously. They put a lot of thought into where they would buy a house. They make sure that they have the best home insurance that they could get. And they make sure that their future at this house is secured at all costs.

This is why it’s not surprising when AI tech is being used to refine the real estate industry. Like many services, real estate companies are basing their search for the perfect house through their own custom algorithm. Homebuyers would just need to input their preferences and the AI tech would take it from there. Apart from that, AI tech also creates chatbots for homebuyers. This is so they could serve many customers at a time.

Healthcare

artificial intelligence concept

Much like real estate, healthcare is also something that people are willing to spend a lot of money on. This perception only got stronger with the COVID-19 pandemic. With the continued rise of deaths from the coronavirus, people have become more conscious of their own health. And those who can have invested in the advancement of healthcare. Anything to save more lives, really.

So it’s also not surprising how AI technology is transforming the healthcare industry. It’s being used in early detection and diagnosis. An example is the work of Google DeepMind. It’s a branch of the large tech company that focuses on integrating AI tech into our daily lives. A team of engineers in DeepMind developed an AI system that can detect breast cancer in a person before symptoms even present themselves. By detecting cancer this early, this technology could save millions of lives.

Fashion

Yes, even the fashion industry is seeing some AI tech action. Clothing and accessories may not be something that many people willingly spend a lot of money on. But no one could deny the fact that fashion is still one of the greatest investments that people can have. This is why this industry isn’t falling behind in the advancement of AI tech.

For example, in fast fashion, seasons of clothing and design could reach up to 52 per year. This puts a lot of pressure on designers. They have to constantly come up with an innovative design for clothing and accessories. This is so they can always display new clothes for their shoppers. Luckily, AI tech is there to help. Through their own AI systems, they can design algorithms that will help them predict fashion trends. Perhaps a certain type of print or fabric would soon break ground. AI can help fashion houses be ahead of the trend.

Many people might believe that AI tech is still far into the future. But we can’t deny the existing trends in AI tech in various industries. It’s clear that this advanced technology is on its way to transforming businesses. By knowing what the trends are will help us prepare for such a change. Even better, it will put us at the forefront of it.

Like this article?

Share on facebook
Share on Facebook
Share on twitter
Share on Twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Linkdin
Share on pinterest
Share on Pinterest
Scroll to Top